After graduating from law school in 1979, Morris County Criminal Defense Attorney Sara Sencer McArdle worked for the Essex County prosecutor’s office. She worked there for more than 20 years, 10 as head of the child abuse division. In 2002, Sara Sencer McArdle moved into private practice. On June 1, 2005, she established her own family law and criminal defense practice.
She has been continuously certified as a criminal trial attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court since 1983 and provides a full line of family and criminal law services in matters such as child support, child custody, modification of existing court orders, felony defense and representation in Superior Court.
You may call us at (973) 366-5244 to schedule a confidential consultation with Morris County Criminal Defense Attorney Sara Sencer McArdle. You may also complete our online contact form.
Morris County Criminal Defense, Divorce and Family Law Lawyer
Morris County Criminal Defense Attorney Sara Sencer McArdle graduated from law school in 1979. Ms. McArdle worked an Assistant Prosecutor for the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office for 22 years. While there, she spent a decade working as the head of the child abuse division. In 2002, after over twenty-two years of dedicated service, she moved into private practice and opened her own firm in 2005. Sara is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney. Sara McArdle has handled over one hundred jury trials and fifty bench trials in her career. That experience enables Sara to help her clients to feel at ease with the challenges of the courtroom, if you must go to trial.
Sara’s family law practice includes cases involving divorce, child custody, child support and domestic violence. Her criminal practice includes dwi/dui, traffic violations, municipal court issues, and juvenile crime issues. She also handles real estate transactions and wills.
Sara McArdle’s priority is with her clients. Sara works closely with each client to allow you to make a well informed decision and have realistic expectations of the potential outcomes of your legal issues.
At the Law Firm of Sara Sencer McArdle, we represent clients in municipal and criminal courts throughout the state of New Jersey. Contact our office today. Free initial consultation for most matters.
Areas of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Criminal Trial Attorney
- Criminal Attorney, New Jersey, 1984
- Criminal Attorney, New Jersey, 1991
- Criminal Attorney, New Jersey, 1999
- New Jersey, 1979
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1979
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- J.D. – 1979
- Honors: Top 14% of the Class: 21st of 160 Graduates
- Honors: Winner of the David Pugh Award
- Honors: Student Government
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Major: Elementary Education
- Lecturer, Skills & Methods, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 1990 – Present
- Lecturer, Child Abuse, Gambling, Search and Seizure, and Introduction to the Criminal Laws of New Jersey, New Jersey Attorney General Prosecutor’s, 1990 – 2002
Honors and Awards
- Division of Youth and Family Service Award, 1986
- Wynona Lipman Child Advocacy Center Award, 2002
- Nominated for Super Lawyers 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Criminal Division
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Division
- New Jersey Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Division
Past Employment Positions
- Essex County Prosecutor’s Office, Newark, New Jersey, September 2, 1980 – November 30, 2002
- Child Abuse Unit, Director, November 1, 1999 – November 30, 2002
- Child Abuse Unit, Director, November 1, 1984 – October 22, 1990
- Appellate Section, 1980 – 1981
- Appellate Section, 1991 – 1995
- Hon. Fred C. Galda, Law Clerk, 1979 – 1980
- Public Defender’s Office, 1977 – 1979
- Edith A. Bogert School, Upper Saddle River, NewJersey, Teacher, 1971 – 1974
- The American School, Guadalajara, Mexico, Teacher, 1974 – 1976
- The North American Mexican Cultural Institute, Guadalajara, Mexico, Teacher
- Law Offices Edward J. Bilinkas, Esq., 2002 – 2005